The second of two 2023 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holidays, which provides residents with the opportunity to purchase qualifying disaster preparedness supplies tax-free, takes place Saturday, Aug. 26 through Friday, Sept. 8.
Eligible items include:
• Pet leashes, collars and muzzles costing $20 or less;
• Common household items such as paper towel, toilet paper and soap costing $30 or less;
• Flashlights, lanterns and pet beds costing $40 or less;
• Batteries and weather radios costing $50 or less;
• Coolers costing $60 or less;
• Smoke Detectors costing $70 or less;
• Tarps costing $100 or less; and
• Generators costing $3,000 or less.
A full list of tax-free items is available at FloridaRevenue.com/DisasterPrep.
The Florida Division of Emergency Management encourages residents to stock a disaster supply kit that can last the entire household, including pets, for at least seven days. The Division’s complete disaster supply kit checklist is available for download at FloridaDisaster.org/Kit. Follow the Florida Division of Emergency Management on social media for more preparedness tips.
Submit Your Stories
Chamber members send us your press releases on your organizations accomplishments, staff awards and/or major happenings. We will post them for free.