- 2019 KEY WEST SUMMER CAMPS
- FKCC 2019 Camps and Events:
- Art Camp: Stories of the Reef – Discover your artistic capabilities while creating paintings, stories, and sculptures! Campers will also learn about the local coral reef and the sea creatures that call it home.
- July 15-19 — $175 per week — Ages 7-11
- Art Camp: Teen Studio – Put your artistic abilities to the test and perfect your drawing and painting skills. Campers will learn about scale, perspective, and more by using a variety of media. June 10-14 — $175 per week — Ages 12-17
- Boating Safety – Calling all future Captains! Campers will learn the basics of boating safety in addition to basic engine maintenance in this camp. Geared towards teens, this camp will cover knot tying, safety equipment, navigation, and charting in the classroom and during excursions. July 1-5 — $225 per week — Ages 12-17
- Code Breakers – Discover the basics of computer programming, coding, and design using a Raspberry Pi2. Campers will build and take home their own tiny computer capable of internet surfing, playing games, and more. June 14-28 – Ages 7-11/ July 8-12 – Ages 12-17 — $225 per week
- *Cooking and Creating – Discover your creative and culinary sides while making “green” crafts and simple, yummy recipes. Campers will also learn about dining etiquette, hospitality, and healthy nutrition. A tour on the trolley rounds out in this hands-on experience. June 17-21, July 8-12, July 22-26 — $225 per week — Ages 7-11 | August 5-9 — $225 per week — Ages 12-17
- *ECO Adventures Camp – Campers will learn the importance of environmental conservation, sustainability, and restoration through hands-on interactions with the fascinating marine settings in the Florida Keys. Campers will try scuba diving, go snorkeling and kayaking and learn how to catch and identify common fish of the Florida Keys. June 17-21, July 8-12, July 22-26 — $199 per week --
- Ages 7-11 | June 3-7 — $199 per week — Ages 12-17
- Future Heroes – Explore a variety of public safety careers in just one week! Campers will participate in a simulated investigation and learn how police officers, EMTs, firefighters, and nurses help keep the community safe. Campers will practice CPR and take a tour of the vehicles and organizations that serve and protect us. June 3-7, July 29-Aug 2 — $175 per week — Ages 7-11
- Jr. Lifeguard – Learn water safety and gain practical swimming, water rescue, and lifesaving skills. Future lifeguards will learn first aid, how to use an AED, and prepare for American Red Cross CPR certification. This program does not lead to a Lifeguard certification. July 15-19 — $199 per week — Ages 12-17
- *Jr. Tropical Fish Hobbyist – Through hands-on interactions in college labs, campers will learn about working with marine ornamental fish and what it takes to raise aquarium fish. They will investigate live feeds, water quality, and basic tank care and maintenance. Campers will get to build and take home their own aquarium! June 10-14 — $225 per week — Ages 7-11 | June 17-21 — $225 per week —
- Ages 12-17
- Scuba Adventures – Safely study the techniques of scuba diving under the guidance of professional dive instructors. Campers may earn their own PADI scuba certification. Campers must be at least 12 years old to participate. July 22-26 — $450 per week — Ages 12-17
- Advanced Scuba Adventures – Safely study the techniques of advanced scuba diving under the guidance of professional dive instructors. Campers may earn their own PADI Jr. Adventure Diver certification. Campers must be at least 12 years old to participate. July 29-Aug 2 — $475 per week — Ages 12-17
- More than Money – Calling all future tycoons! Learn the fundamentals of money, including how to manage a bank account and saving and spending in business terms. Campers will use their imagination to explore possible business ventures and identify personal skills and interests to help them become the business leaders of tomorrow. Aug 5-9 — $175 per week –Ages 7-11
- School’s Out! – Get ready for a week of non-stop action and fun at FKCC! Campers will participate in a variety of activities including swimming, snorkeling, field day games, and arts and crafts! In addition, campers will participate in several field trips to local organizations. June 3-7, June 10-14, June 24-28, July 1-5, July 15-19, July 29-Aug 2, Aug 5-9 — $199 per week –Ages 7-11
- Young Writers Institute – Put your mind and imagination to work! Campers will learn the craft of writing fiction, poetry, drama, and short stories. June 24-28 — $175 per week — Ages 12-17
- Other Summer Activities:
KEY WEST SAILING CAMP – Ages: 6-17 - Cost per week-long session per student is $250.00 - All classes - Beginner, Intermediate and Adventure Sailing - http://keywestsailingcenter.org
There will be ten, one week sessions, running Monday through Friday.
They will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The dates for these sessions will be:
June 3 to June 7 - Beginner Class (ages 8 to 17) CLASS FULL
June 10 to June 14 - Beginner Class (ages 8 to 17) CLASS FULL
June 17 to June 21 - Intermediate Class CLASS FULL
June 24 to June 28 - Beginner Class (ages 8 to 17) CLASS FULL
July 1 to July 5 - Young Beginner Class (ages 5 to 7)
July 8 to July 12 - Adventure Class (ages 7 to 17)
July 15 to July 19 - Intermediate Class
July 22 to July 26 - Beginner Class (ages 8 to 17)
July 29 to August 2 - Young Beginner Class (ages 5 to 7)
August 5 to August 9 - Adventure Class (ages 7 to 17) CLASS FULLFor more information contact: email@example.com and/or Instructor Heidi Ruse: 804-832-4731 and Instructor Ben Hermelin: 314-349-9929
BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB
Key West and Big Pine Key One-week camps June 4 through August 15, (closed July 4, and week of July 16-20), 8:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday, ages 5 and older. Activities include sports, swimming, movies, pool, beaches, bowling, dance, theater, and music. $95/week (siblings are half price), children 13 and over are FREE. Fee includes breakfast, snack, lunch, and field trips. 305-296-2258.
PARADISE TENNIS – SUMMER TENNIS CAMP
Monday – Friday – 5-10 year olds – Noon – 2:00pm. $30 per day or $75 for 3 classes. Monday – Friday – 11+ year olds – 2:00pm – 4:00pm. $30 per day or $75 for 32 classes. Tennis drills, fun games, fitness and match play. Paradisetennisflykeys@gmail.com or 305-395-1035
REEF RELIEF’S CORAL CAMP
Children 6 -12 years of age explore and learn about our surrounding marine environment through exciting educational activities at the Reef Relief Environmental Center in Key West. Each fun-packed day, campers will experience hands-on learning, interactive games and field trips. Field trips include trips to the Key West Marine Park, the Key West Aquarium, and the living coral reef! Each weekly session is limited to 25 campers. Cost is $225/ Camper OR $200 if signing up for multiple weeks or siblings. To ensure the safety of our campers scheduled field trips are subject to cancellation due to weather conditions or other safety concerns. Space is limited! You may email the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (305) 293-9515. You may also drop it off at the Reef Relief Environmental Visitor Center located at 631 Greene St. in Key West or mail it to P.O. Box 430, Key West, FL 33041.
Coral Camp Weeks 2019
Spots remaining as of 5/13/2019
Week 1 June 3-7: 10
Week 2 June 10-14 : 16
Week 3 June 17-21 : 9
Week 4 June 24-28 : 12
Week 5 July 8-12 : 2
Week 6 July 15-19 : 2
Week 7 July 22-26 : 8
Week 8 July 29- August 2: 10
Week 9 August 5-9: 8
KWAHS LIST OF CAMPS
ARCHEOLOGY CAMP/THE CURSE OF THE MUMMY
June 3-7 - 9:00am-4:00pm – Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West
Ages 6-12 - $200-$225 (Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate children under 6 years of age.) This program features a high energy adventure driven curriculum where the classroom is used to represent a museum. Students will learn about ancient cultures as they are sent out as agents of history to find the missing components from our museum displays. Each of these museum assignments will be run in an "Indiana Jones" style with tricks,…
June 10-14 – 9:00am-4:00pm – Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West – Ages 6-12 – $200-225(Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate children under 6 years of age.) Instructor: Crystal Smith, Assistant: Gian Carlos Espinoza Stop-motion photography is a fun way for children to learn about a specific style of animation. Many of the students' favorite movies are made using stop-motion. In this camp, the participants will learn the art of clay molding, wire figures, set design, and how to compose 24 Frames per…
June 17-21 – 9:00am – 4:00pm – Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West – Ages 6-12 - $200-$225 Ages 6-12 (Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate children under 6 years of age.) Children will learn about specific geological epochs and the associated dinosaur's species that dominated at the time. Each day will feature a different time period (Triassic, Jurassic, etc) and include crafts and activities highlighting the day's lesson. As children become familiar with the full range of extinct species, they will make fossil replicas in the classroom.
June 24-28 – 9:00am-4:00pm, Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West – Ages 6-12 - $200-$225 (Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate children under 6 years of age.) In the age of digital media, children use all manner of devices to create short films for their own entertainment. Join Ms. Crystal for a week of engaging activities designed to channel the genius behind the camera. In this camp, the children will develop a script, cast roles, design costumes and direct a movie.
ART AND DESIGN CAMP
July 1-5 – 9:00am04:00pm, Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West – Ages 6-12 - $200-$225 - Students will create unique works of art using various mediums and take a field trip to explore the Custom House art exhibitions. Students will also tour the Lighthouse in preparation to participate in the annual Key Lime Pie Drop. Key West’s most creative minds attempt to outsmart gravity by finding a way to drop a Key Lime Pie from the top of the lighthouse to the ground… without damaging the pie! Students can work on their design solution at the camp.
July 8-12 – 9:00am-4:00pm, Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West – Ages 6-12 - $200-$225 (Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate campers under 6-years old) Join us for a week of pirate-themed activities. The children will make pirate pouches to collect treasure on a nature walk, make personalized pirate flags, learn authentic pirate knots and lashings, participate in a treasure hunt with puzzles and riddles and compete in a day-long water battle for ‘the booty’.
July 15-19- 9:00am-4:00pm, Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West – Ages 6-12- $200-$225 (Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate children under 6 years of age.) 3......2.......1...... BLAST OFF into the unknown! Campers will have fun using black light painting techniques to learn about the solar system. They will design UFO's and apply their knowledge of the planets and constellations to determine how best to travel through space and time. Instructor: Crystal Smith Assistant: Kevin Lisinski
July 22-26- 9:00am-4:00pm – Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West – Ages 6-12- $20-$225 (Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate children under 6 years of age.) Don your derby, bonnet or top hat and relive the wrecking era in Key West. In 1825, Congress passed the Federal Wrecking Act and opened the floodgates for an industry that catapulted Key West to fame and fortune. Between 1828 and the 1850s, Key West was considered the richest city in the country, per capita.
MARIO SANCHEZ CAMP
July 29-August 2 – 9:00am-4:00pm - 3501 South Roosevelt Blvd, Key West - $200-$225 - This camp is for students that are interested in making art in the storytelling style of Mario Sanchez. Students will be inspired after a field trip to the Custom House to view his artwork. Mario Sanchez was a Cuban-American folk artist from the Key West cigar-making neighborhood known as “Gato’s Village”. Self-taught, Sanchez began working artistically in 1930 on media like paper bags and cedar wood boards. Students will tour the Custom House exhibition, paying particular attention to the work of America’s premier Cuban-American folk artist, Mario Sanchez. Students will learn about the elaborate brown paper bag sketches that Sanchez drew before beginning his intaglio’s. After the tour, the students will have the opportunity to depict their Key West memories on brown paper bags, emulating the style of Mario Sanchez.
August 5-9 – 9:00am-4:00pm – Fort East Martello Museum, 3501 South Roosevelt Blvd., Key West - $200-$225 – Ages 6-12 (Please note that due to the intensive nature of our camps, we are unable to accommodate campers under 6 years old) BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND Students will play the part of the hero as well as the antagonist in a fantasy-themed week of action. The students will work together to solve a variety of different puzzles while designing their own modules along the way.
June 10 through June 29. Weekdays. Noon – 5pm. Robin Kaplan’s Camp Bravo activities include stagecraft, theater skills, drama and singing. The program will culminate in live performances of Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr.! at the Waterfront Playhouse. 2 performances on Saturday June 29. $975/camper, offering partial scholarships based on need. www.keyscommunityschoolofthearts.org or 305-393-3001
BASILICA’S FUN CAMP/ATHLETIC CAMPS
Eight, one-week camps, June 6 through August 2, 7:30am – 5:30pm, ages PK3 – grade 6. Activities include weekly themes, field trips, and loads of fun. $30/day includes lunch, shirts, and field trips. Two athletic camps: Volleyball and Basketball. For more information go to http://basilicaschoolkeywest.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Mariner-Camp-Information-2019.pdf or www.basilicaschoolkeywest.com
LOWER KEYS GOLF ASSOCIATION
The Lower Keys Golf Association is sponsoring the 34th Annual Summer Junior Golf Program. It will be June 3-7, 2019 and held at the Key West Golf Club. Group number one is for ages 6 through 10 and will be from 8:30-9:30 AM during the program dates. Group 2 will be for ages 11 through 15 and will be from 10:00 to 11:00 AM. The registration fee is $70 for individuals, $120 for families of two and $155 for families of three. The deadline for registration is 5:00pm on May 31st. Participants in the summer golf program will receive free golf privileges for the summer. If people are interested, they can sign up at the Pro Shop at the golf course, 305-294-5232.
KEY WEST SPORTS ACADEMY
Ten, one-week camps June 3 – August 13, Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm. Ages 5-12. Weekly themes with obstacle courses, games, arts and crafts, and more. Theme vary from ninja camp, Frozen dance camp, Moana camp, princess camp, rock and roll summer camp, and more. Prices vary. Half-day camps also available for morning and afternoon sessions. For more information, visit www.keywestsportsacademy.com
SUMMER ART SCHOOL – THE STUDIOS OF KEY WEST
Held at The Studios of Key West, 533 Eaton Street. Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm, Ages 8-13.
Six, one-week sessions include June 17-21 (Creative Kids), June 24-28 (Abstract Explorations), July 8-12 (Mixed Media Experimentation), July 15-19 (Art School), July 22-26(Nature Explorers), July 29-Aug 2 (Pirate Adventures). Enthusiastic teachers and fun activities make for a fantastic hands-on week of learning. $265, non-members/week - $240 members/week (discounts for multiple weeks and siblings). Daily healthy lunch included. Contact www.tskw.org
ISLAND GROOVE DANCE CAMPS IN BIG PINE KEY
-6 WEEK SESSION-
(Rates include full 6 weeks)
1 Class : $80
2 Classes: $140
3 Classes: $180
Tumble & Hip Hop ~ 4:30PM - 5:30PM
Beginner Ballet/Lyrical ~ 5:30 - 6:15PM
Weekly June 11TH - July 23RD
(NO CLASS ON JUNE 18TH)
Musical Theatre ~ 4:30PM - 5:15PM
Hip Hop & Pop ~ 5:15PM - 6PM
Technique & Lyrical ~ 6PM - 6:45PM
Weekly June 13TH - July 25TH
(NO CLASS ON JUNE 20TH)
For more information email at email@example.com, go to website at www.islandgroovedance.com or call 305-509-3115.
SEACAMP MARINE SCIENCE CAMP (Big Pine Key)
Session 1: June 24- July 11 (18 day)
Session 2: July 14- July 31 (18 day)
Both 18 day sessions are $4,200 each for 12-17 year old campers. To sign up for the SCUBA program, it is an extra $500 which includes everything (gear, check out dives, certification etc.)
Session 3: Aug 4- Aug 10 (7 day)
Session 4: Aug 11- Aug 17 (7 day)
Both 7 day sessions are $1,800 for 10-17 year old campers. If they would like to do the SCUBA program, it is still an extra $500 fee, but they would have to be at least 12 years old and sign up for BOTH 7 day sessions because we cannot do a certification in just 7 days.
Session 1: Fish Biology July 1- July 5
Session 2: Marine Communities July 8- July 12
Session 3: Animal Behavior July 15- July 19
Session 4: Marine Invertebrates July 22- July 26
Session 5: Coral Reef Ecology July 29- Aug 2
Session 6: Keys Kritters Aug 5- Aug 9
Session 7: Humans and the Environment Aug 12- Aug 16
Day camp is $280 per session with different themes each week. Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm. 10-13 year old campers
UNITED METHODIST VBS
June 24-28, 8:30am-12:00pm, 600 Eaton Street. Pre-K through 5th grade. To Mars and Beyond! Any questions, please reach out to me, Liz Yongue, 305-587-3645, email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Registration now open -rrr.cokesburyvbs.com/keywestumc
PIGEON KEY’S MARINE SCIENCE SUMMER CAMP
The Pigeon Key Foundation & Marine Science Center gravitates towards hands-on learning and interaction within the Florida Keys ecosystem, providing campers with a fun and pivotal, one-of-a-kind experience. PKFMSC offers a variety of marine programs, giving your campers a solid and multi-faceted understanding of the marine world around them. Campers are given a brief background on the subject and then immersed in the field, allowing them to utilize their newly acquired knowledge.
Programs include Marine Habitats of the Florida Keys, Invertebrate Biodiversity, Reef Fish Identification, Marine Adaptations, Shark Biology & Dissection, Plankton Lab, and many others.
Other activities include a variety of games, marine organism scavenger hunts, an underwater obstacle course, a Sombrero Reef snorkel trip aboard a 40-foot catamaran called the “Spirit,” and many more.
Day camp costs $350, runs 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, and is for ages 8-16. Overnight camp costs $950, runs 9am Monday-5pm Friday, and is for ages 10-16. Price includes…
· All Marine Programs and take-home workbook
· Snorkel Trip to Sombrero Reef
· Snorkel Gear for the week
· Meals (Lunch only for day camp, breakfast/lunch/dinner for overnight)
· Pigeon Key t-shirt
· Pigeon Key water bottle
· Online photos of your camper’s experience
· Award Certificate
P.A.D.I scuba certifications available with summer camp
For campers 12 years of age and older, we offer scuba certification, contingent upon 4 registered campers per session and our instructors availability. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.