Places to Propose
How To Get Married In Paradise
Marriage licenses can only be obtained at the Clerk of the Circuit Court’s Office at:
Clerk of the Circuit Court
500 Whitehead Street
Key West, Florida 33040
PLEASE NOTE: The clerk’s office is closed
weekends and holidays.
About the License:
- The fee is $93.50.
- A Photo ID is required
- You can only be married in the state of Florida with a marriage license obtained in the State of Florida.
- Both parties must be 18 years of age or older.
- If you are divorced or there was a death of a previous spouse, the date of divorce or death is necessary.
- You may be from out of state.
- No blood test is required.
- There is no waiting period for non-Florida residents including non-residents from other countries.
- If one or more parties is a Florida Resident, a 3 day waiting period applies. The waiting period may be waived and a $32.50 deduction off the fee may apply with the completion of a Marital Course obtained by:
- A Psychologist licensed under FL Statutes, Chapter 490.
- A Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Therapist, or Mental Health Therapist licensed under FL Statutes, Chapter 491.
- An Official Religious Representative recognized under FL Statute 496.404 (20).
- For an additional fee of $30.00, you can be married in the Clerk of Court’s office.
- A Public Notary or Ordained Minister can legally perform the wedding ceremony.