FISHING/HUNTING LICENSES INFO
- Regulations require a nonresident to have a saltwater fishing license when saltwater fishing from either a boat or land. Residents who only saltwater fish from the land or a structure attached to land, may get the resident recreational saltwater shoreline fishing license at no cost (except for convenience fees that apply on telephone and Internet orders). A Florida resident must have a saltwater license when saltwater fishing from a boat unless the fisherman is under age 16 or over age 65.
- A freshwater license is required for freshwater fishing for both nonresidents and Florida residents.
- Hunting licenses allow the hunting of any animal or bird in season except on game preserves and posted private property without written permission.
- Licenses are available from the county Tax Collector's office at 1200 Truman Ave. Key West 305-295-5000 or substations ranging from bait shops to discount stores.
- For further information on freshwater fishing or hunting, contact the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. (850) 488-4676 (Emergency 1 (888)404-3922)
- For further information on saltwater fishing visit Florida Fish and Wildlife at http://myfwc.com/